Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Confession of a Mom

I was out the other day meeting with my Avon upline the day Toria went back to school. She said something along the lines of "Isn't it great to have the kids back in school?" No. She'd been gone 3 hours at the point and I missed her. I missed the sound of her feet pounding all over the house or the door opening and closing to come and go to her friends. I missed her "Hi mom" whenever she passed through a room. No. It's not that great. I'm sending her to a substandard title 1 school and missing her.

Since then, other people - parents and non parents alike - have been making similar comments. I didn't think I was one of "those" moms. I was never meant to be, yet somehow it happened anyway and while I enjoy the peace, quiet, and muses who visit while she's in school, I miss her when she's gone.

Don't tell anyone. It will severely compromise my image. {grin}

No comments: